Bhutan minimum daily Package Tariff
- The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
- The minimum daily package applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan for tourists travelling in a group of 3 people or more is as follows:
• USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
• USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- The minimum daily package rate covers the following services:
- A minimum of 3-star accommodation on twin / double occupancy
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Evening Tea)
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal ground transports
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- US$ 65 Sustainable Development Fee (SDF)
- Entrance fee to the monuments
- Applicable taxes & service charges
Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates. These are as follows;
- Single individual: US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only: US$ 30 per person per night
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by Tourism Council of Bhutan.
** There are 4*, 5* and luxury accommodation establishments also available at various destinations and supplements are applicable over and above fixed package tariff, in case travellers wish to use superior establishments.
** In case of trekking tours, all provisions are also included in quoted package tariff such as tents, equipment, ponies etc. however travellers are advised to bring their sleeping bag for use during trek.
** Single room supplement is applicable for room being used on single occupancy.
** Apart from English, there are other language speaking guides available in Bhutan and their services can be utilized with supplement price and subject to availability.
** Visa fee of US$ 40 per person, is payable extra and is paid along with tour cost.
Following the international patterns & norms, 10% of the gross tour payment is payable to the principal agents abroad as commission and deducted at source. Further, this commission is calculated from the net amount after deducting the discounts wherever applicable. Also, there is no commission on FIT surcharges applicable, in case of 1 and 2 persons.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled are subject to following cancellation charges:
(a). Within 45 days of the start of the tour program: No charges
(b). Within 30 days: 10% of the package cost
(c ). Within 21 days: 15% of the package cost
(d). Within 14 days: 50% of the package cost
(e). Cancellation without notice or after arrival in Bhutan: 100% of the package cost
** For 4*, 5* and luxury accommodation establishments, there is different cancellation policy and that varies from hotel to hotel. The travellers are suggested to check with us cancellation policy of such hotels, prior to booking.
- Delayed Arrival / Departure:
- There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required. It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
- There shall be no charge other than visa fee of US$ 40 for children below the age of 5 years.
- Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- A GROUP SIZE DISCOUNT of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A 50% DURATION DISCOUNT on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE shall be provided after 14th night.
- 100% SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE FREE ZONE DISCOUNT shall be provided on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE on first and/or last night for groups with night halt in Phuentsholing, Sarpang and Samdrup Jongkhar on arrival and/or departure
** Please Note: Children below 5 years will not be eligible for GROUP SIZE DISCOUNTS, DURATION DISCOUNTS and SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE FREE ZONE DISCOUNT and All Children and Students will not be eligible for DURATION DISCOUNTS.