Tariff for all services related to tourism in Bhutan are fixed by Royal Government of Bhutan which are consolidated into a package and charged per night basis. The package comes with all meals, private surface transportation regardless of destination/sightseeing spots, Government royalty, all necessary taxes, agent's handling charge and all other necessary logistic arrangements.
The current package tariff for tourists visiting in a team of 3 persons or more are as follows :
PEAK SEASON (March, April, May, September, October, November) : US Dollar 250 per person per night
OFF PEAK SEASON (January, February, June, July, August, December) : US Dollar 200 per person per night
- This per person per night cost is same for cultural tours, treks or any other special interest tours.
These minimum daily rates are inclusive of followings :
- Accommodation in standard hotels (3*), approved by Tourism Council of Bhutan, on twin / double sharing
- All transfers & sightseeing within Bhutan by exclusive transport
- Services of accompanied English speaking guide
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Evening tea)
- Entrance fees to the monuments
- Government's Royalty (US$ 65 per person per night)
- All applicable taxes & service charges
** There are 4*, 5* and luxury accommodation establishments also available at various destination and supplements are applicable over and above fixed package tariff, incase travelers wish to use superior establishments.
** In case of trekking tours, all provisions are also included in quoted package tariff such as tents, equipment, ponies etc. however travelers are advised to bring their sleeping bag for use during trek.
** Single room supplement is applicable for room being used on single occupancy.
** Apart from English, there are other language speaking guides (Japanese, Chinese, German, French, Spanish) are also available in Bhutan and their services can be utilized with supplement price.
** Visa fee of US Dollar 40 per person, is payable extra and is paid along with tour cost.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than 3 persons are subject to following surcharges, over and above daily package tariff :
- FIT Surcharge incase only single person travelling : US Dollar 40 per night
- FIT surcharge in case of 2 person travelling together : US Dollar 30 per person per night
- In case the number of persons travelling is 3 or more then there is no surcharge applicable.
Following the international patterns & norms, 10% of the gross tour payment is payable to the principal agents abroad as commission and deducted at source. Further, this commission shall be calculated from the net amount after deducting the discounts wherever applicable. Also there is no commission on FIT surcharges, applicable incase of 1 and 2 pax.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled are subject to following cancellation charges :
- Within 45 days of the start of the tour program : No charges
- Within 30 days : 10% of the package cost
- Within 21 days : 15% of the package cost
- Within 14 days : 30% of the package cost
- Less than 14 days : 50% of the package cost
- Cancellation without notice or after arrival in Bhutan : 100% of the package cost
Delayed Arrival / Departure
- There shall be no fixed charge for the number of days of delay in arrival of visitors due to weather conditions, airline problem or road blocks except for minimum charge on hotel cancellation, transport & guide.
- There shall be no charge for the number of days of delay in departure of visitors due to weather conditions, airline problems or road blocks. They will be charged only the actual expenses on accommodation, food, transport and any other services required.