Entire tour to Bhutan are pre-paid and VISA is granted by Government subject to advance payment only. You are required to deposit / transfer the payment to following Bank:
Name of Bank : Standard Chartered Bank Ltd
One Madison Avenue, New York
SWIFT code : SCBLUS33
CHIPS ABA : 0256
FED ABA : 026002561
Beneficiary Bank Account No : 358 – 202 – 171 – 9001 (USD A/C)
Beneficiary Bank : Bhutan National Bank. P.o box – 439
GPO Building, Chang Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan
ULTIMATE BENEFICIARY : NORBU BHUTAN TRAVEL PVT LTD
Also you are required to email/fax us bank transfer voucher/slip for necessary follow-up with the Bank from our end.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows :
(a) Within 30 days of the start of the tour programme: Free
(b) Within 21 days: 10% of the rate
(c) Within 14 days:15% of the rate
(d) Within 7 days: 30% of the rate
(e) Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 50%of the rate
(f) After arrival in Bhutan: 100%
The Government set package tariff do not include any Travel Insurance. It is imperative that tourists have full comprehensive insurance cover to protect against unforeseen accidents and mishaps. The insurance policy should adequately cover baggage and travel delays etc., helicopter evacuation, transportation and medical assistance in case of treks.
Delayed Arrival / Departure
* There shall be no charge for the number of days of delays in arrival of visitors due to weather conditions, Druk Air problems or road blocks.
* There shall be no charge for the number of days of delay in departure of visitors due to weather conditions, Druk Air problems or road blocks. They will be charged only the actual expenses on accommodation, food, transport and any other services required.
Discount on Tourist Tariff
* A discount of 50% on daily rates is available for one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons and 100% discount to one person for every 15 full paying persons.
* DIPLOMATS from foreign embassies / missions accredited to Bhutan shall be given a 25% discount on the daily rates. From year 2009, Diplomats discount has been discontinued.
* Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates. This discount is subject to approval from Tourism Council of Bhutan, Royal Government of Bhutan.
* There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years (only Visa fee & Tourism Development fee payable). However, those between the age of 6 to 12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
* For tour durations exceeding eight nights, from 9th night onwards, there is USD 20 royalty discount in High season and USD15 in Low season.